WHAT IS FOUNDATION?
Foundation is the holy grail of every make-up look existing on the face of this earth. A foundation is a skin-toned product that is used as a base on the face for all the other products such as blushes, bronzers, highlighters and powders to sit on. Its unmatched importance in the make-up routine makes it the toughest product to select in terms of shade, type, consistency and lasting time. Women all over the world seek expert advice to find the right foundation that suits their skin tone and skin types like oily, dry and combination skin perfectly.Because it is the base for all other products, it must be applied in the best way possible so that the other products can work upon it to give a sharp and finished outcome. This application process is very tricky too. Foundations also provide a clean slate for the other makeup products by hiding scars, blemishes, dark circles, acne and uneven skin tones.
THE ROUTINE –
1. Cleanse – You do not want to apply makeup on dirty skin!
2. Apply a Primer –It seals pores, protects and nourishes the skin and makes makeup last for long.
3. Conceal – Apply a concealer under the eyes and on stubborn pigmentations.
4. Apply foundation – Apply the foundation using a foundation brush, blender or sponge depending on the foundation’s consistency.
5. Set – Set the foundation with a translucent powder to secure it.
WHY FOUNDATION FEELS BEST WHEN APPLIED WITH BRUSHES –
Foundation brushes give you the best applications and are therefore the favorite among makeup artists worldwide. The right technique to an air brushed look is using a fluff brush. Take some foundation on the brush and dab small quantities on the forehead, cheeks, chin, temple and nose. Start working your brush and blend all these with each other into the skin. One important tip is to work the brush in the direction of facial hair and not against it as that will turn all the hair upward and look awful through the foundation layer. Cover the face evenly, and contour with a darker shade if you want to slim down your face.