OILY SKIN PROBLEMS
Oily skin is a problematic skin type for many women. People with oily skin will often have a greasy shine on the face and even if they wipe it off, it reappears after a while. To top this, it is a tough job for women with oily skin to choose make-up products, that won’t aggravate their oily skin situation, but tone it down instead. Oily skin tends to have enlarged pores, often suffers with acne and excessive sebum caused by hormonal imbalances in the body. It is very likely that make-up products not specifically manufactured for oily skin may break in their consistency and appear cakey or smudge or make the face appear greasier than before.
CHOOSING THE PERFECT FOUNDATION
It is quite a task to look for the perfect products, and the toughest one is the foundation, because it forms the base for all other products to be used over it. Foundations help even out the skin tone and hides imperfections such as blemishes and dark circles. Thankfully, there are many foundations on drugstore shelves to choose from, that are specially formulated for oily and combination skin. Mineral foundations that are in powder form are the best suited for oily skinned women. They absorb the extra oil and reduce the greasiness of the face, giving it a matte effect. Also, a considerable SPF in foundations goes a long way in keeping skin healthy. Let’s have a look at what is so special about some of the best affordable drugstore foundations.
A FEW FAVOURITES
1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation – Gives a long lasting matte finish and hides blemishes well.
2. Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation – Has an oil-free long lasting effect that hold up to skin very well.
3. CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation – Gives a matte finish, and is a combination of a primer, foundation and concealer that give a flawless face along with the protection of SPF 20.
4. L’Oréal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation – Has a mortifying effect that blots away shine for almost 24 hours.
5. Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation – Ideal for an airbrushed look.